Mushroom and Beef Blended Burgers with Salad: A hearty but light protein is created by combining meat and mushrooms, and the veggie topping completes this salad-meets-sammie meal.
CAL/SERV:324 YIELDS:4 TOTAL TIME:0 hours 30 mins
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. plain yogurt
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
8 oz. cremini mushrooms
12 oz. lean ground beef
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 large bunch jumbo asparagus, peeled into ribbons
1/2 c. fresh dill sprigs
1/2 c. fresh mint leaves
4 buns, toasted
1 1/2 c. arugula
- Toss onion with lemon juice and 14 tsp salt and pepper in a big mixing bowl. Combine yoghurt and mustard in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set one aside and the other aside.
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped; combine with beef and 12 tsp salt and pepper. Make four 4-inch-wide patties out of the mixture.Cook patties in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, around 3 to 4 minutes per hand.
- Meanwhile, toss the onion with the oil and asparagus, then fold in the dill and mint.
- Top bottom buns with yogurt-mustard sauce, arugula, and burgers.
- Arrange the asparagus salad on top, then close the sandwich with the tops of the buns.
324 calories per serving, 10.5 grammes saturated fat (3.5 grammes saturated fat), 26 grammes protein, 820 milligrammes sodium, 32 grammes carbohydrates, 7.5 grammes sugars (0 grammes added sugars), 4 grammes fibre